Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Remember the pro abortion Burger King girl? Her mother is suing
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Remember the pro abortion Burger King girl? Her mother is suing
The mother of a Burger King employee caught on video shoving and hitting members of a pro-life activist group and kicking down their signs during an obscenity-laden tirade against “male privilege” says she will file a civil lawsuit against the pro-life group due to the “emotional distress” her family has experienced after the embarrassing clip went viral online.

The video in question shows Victoria Duran, 28, screaming in the face of a teenage boy who was standing beside an image of an abortion victim and passing out literature for pro-life group Created Equal on a street corner in Columbus, Ohio. Duran was apparently enraged over a poster depicting a 12-week-old unborn child, which she insisted was a “lie.”

“That is not what a fetus looks like,” Duran screams in the video. “It’s a clump of cells at 12 weeks. It does not look like that! It’s a clump of blank cells. You’re a racist f—ing male that doesn’t stand for women’s rights!” She then violently kicked over the poster, and when she realized she was being filmed, physically assaulted the person holding the camera and started running down the street, kicking over another poster as she fled.

Seth Drayer, the group’s director of training, pursued Duran on foot and informed her they were calling the police. She stopped running and confronted Drayer face-to face, screaming obscenities at close range until she spotted the police. At that point, she shoved Drayer aside and boarded a nearby city bus. The police removed her from the bus and arrested her on charges of assault and criminal damaging of property.

Duran’s mother, Anairis Carter, who lives in Florida, fought the charges, claiming her daughter is autistic and therefore can’t be blamed for her actions. The county prosecutor dropped the criminal charges, but ordered Duran to pay $80 to Created Equal to cover the cost of the posters she destroyed.

Now, Carter is suing Created Equal for emotional distress. She says that ever since the group posted video of her daughter’s violent outburst, her family has received threats and harassment, driving her to purchase a security system for their house.

“On top of emotional distress all the excess things that have to do that have come out of pocket for me to be able to protect my children because of what they've done," Carter complained to ABC6. "It irritates me that [the pro-life activists] are trying to make themselves be victims when they are hardly that if you're a victim you don't sensationalize it.”

On Created Equal’s Facebook page, Carter continued to defend her daughter and vowed to keep up the fight against the pro-life group.

“[Victoria] had an outburst ... autistic people have them,” Carter wrote. “She didnt [sic] deserve everything else that happened afterwards and THAT'S why I AM SUEING [sic] them. They have HURT my children and their lives and their way of life … So, no, I wont leave them alone. The courts will decide on what happens. It will be in their hands.”

In another Facebook post, Carter compared Created Equal to abortion clinic bombers and expressed her support for abortion-on-demand.

“I am so disgusted by these people,” Carter wrote. “I actually went on their website and I saw the MOST horrendous of things [sic]. These people are using an intro of MLK's ‘I have a dream speech’ [sic] to compare themselves and what they do to to [sic] the civil rights and civil liberties movement. They are comapring [sic] what they do to something so important as this?”

“Trying to overturn Roe v Wade is the most horric [sic] thing there is,” declared Carter. “Trying to send women back to the 30's, 40's, and 50's where llegal [sic] abortions with wire hangers and dying on kitchen tables must be more acceptable to them than the alternative.”

Carter has repeatedly accused Created Equal of lying about her daughter shoving Drayer into the side of a city bus. In response, the group recently posted a second video that clearly shows the assault, along with a bystander threatening to mace Duran if she continued her violent behavior.

Link
09-04-2014 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Remember the pro abortion Burger King girl? Her mother is suing
Unbelievable it is.

Yoda
09-04-2014 06:18 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
This is why we should have a "loser pays" system.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 07:19 AM by QuestionSocratic.)
09-04-2014 07:22 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Wait let me pick out two parts here...

Quote:The mother of a Burger King employee caught on video shoving and hitting members of a pro-life activist group and kicking down their signs during an obscenity-laden tirade against “male privilege” says she will file a civil lawsuit against the pro-life group due to the “emotional distress”
The video in question shows Victoria Duran, 28

Is this 28 year old empowered feminist really letting her *MOM* fight the battle for her?
09-04-2014 08:17 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(09-04-2014 07:22 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  is why we should have a "loser pays" system.

I'm coming around to that...
09-04-2014 08:20 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-04-2014 07:22 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  is why we should have a "loser pays" system.

My thought exactly.
09-05-2014 06:01 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Does Burger King have a lot of autistic employees? If so, that could create some … interesting moments.
09-05-2014 06:41 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Autistic my ass.
09-05-2014 06:55 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Since the mother's claim is based on the Autism claim, a motion should be made for an unbiased assessment of her condition. Assualt by Autistic people could become a legal affirmative defence. Snowballs chance in hell.
09-05-2014 07:21 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Why does autism relieve you of responsibility? If anything, the mother has admitted her own negligence.

Anyway, the autism defense is interesting b/c one writer suggested that the new militant atheists may have a place on the autism spectrum, and subsequent research has indicated it's possible.
09-05-2014 07:30 AM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
(09-05-2014 07:30 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Why does autism relieve you of responsibility? If anything, the mother has admitted her own negligence.

Anyway, the autism defense is interesting b/c one writer suggested that the new militant atheists may have a place on the autism spectrum, and subsequent research has indicated it's possible.

It’s natural for militant atheists to suffer from Heller's Syndrome.
09-05-2014 07:57 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(09-05-2014 06:55 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Autistic my ass.

I know a lot of kids and young adults with Autism... *THIS* is not the behavior from a mid to high functioning Autistic Kid, this is bad parenting making a bad person.
09-05-2014 09:04 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
This mom sounds pretty looney as well. As the old saying goes the apple does not fall far from the tree.
09-05-2014 09:04 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Just a simple money grab?
09-05-2014 09:05 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(09-05-2014 09:05 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Just a simple money grab?

I think it's an act of vengeance and spite more than a money grab.
09-05-2014 09:05 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-05-2014 09:05 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 09:05 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Just a simple money grab?

I think it's an act of vengeance and spite more than a money grab.

What does the mother do for a living, any idea?
09-05-2014 09:07 AM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(09-05-2014 09:04 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

I know a lot of kids and young adults with Autism... *THIS* is not the behavior from a mid to high functioning Autistic Kid, this is bad parenting making a bad person.

+1

Plus, if it were true, a parent that sees this kind of behavior from a child with a condition would first APOLOGIZE. Then, they would explain. This woman is still denying the truth and wrongfully blaming autism.
09-05-2014 09:16 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Autism doesn't excuse what she did.
09-05-2014 09:26 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(09-05-2014 09:16 AM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  

+1

Plus, if it were true, a parent that sees this kind of behavior from a child with a condition would first APOLOGIZE. Then, they would explain. This woman is still denying the truth and wrongfully blaming autism.

+2
09-05-2014 09:27 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Yup. I would imagine that this isn't the first time that mom has tried to blame her boorish behavior on something else.

My brother's ex-wife has all kinds of excuses as to why my nephew is constantly in trouble at school, shows out in public, etc. It's funny, however, that after the first time he came to spend a week with us he is a different person when he's at Uncle Kaplony's house. Amazing what a little discipline can do.
09-05-2014 10:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.